Yes, you heard it right! I know the season now calls for everything Apple and Pumpkin Spice…so I thought I’d begin with mixing a few of my favourite things….cheesecake and apples…and thought…why not make it healthy, gluten free and vegetarian (almost vegan) as well! Because I’m feeling nice today…I thought I’d donate my recipe to you all! Keep in mind, however, that I don’t actually measure my recipes…I just wing it, so it might require some variation of your behalf!
150g Gluten Free Oats
50g Natural Peanut Butter (I use Whole Earth)
150g Pitted Dates
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 tsp Cinnamon or Apple Spice
Pinch of Salt
7 oz Lactose Free,Vegan Cream Cheese
1/2 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
80g Unpitted Dates
1/4 cup Brown Sugar or Stevia for Sugar-free option
1tsp Apple Spice or Pumpkin Spice
1 egg or flax egg for vegan option
2 Medium Braeburn Apples (diced)
- Preheat oven to 190 Degrees and Grease a pie tin with non-stick spray or butter
- Mix together dry ingredients in one bowl, and wet ingredients in another bowl for the Crust. Then, add together and blend in a food processor until dough-like texture is achieved
- Compress dough into pie tin about 1/4 inch thickness, and bake for 10 minutes while preparing the filling
- Beat cream cheese until a smooth consistency is achieved. Add in Vanilla Extract.
- In a food processor, add cream cheese mix with dates, brown sugar, and apple spices, and blend until smooth.
- In the food processor, add in egg, and blend again until the egg is mixed in (you want to be careful with the egg, as you don’t to blend too much with the egg in the mixture, or it will begin to “cook” inside
- Stir in Apple Slices into filling mixture, until well mixed
- Take the crust out of the oven, add filling, and bake for another 30 minutes (or until filling becomes browned and gel-like
I hope you all enjoy! Please let me know how you find it!! Also, I’m going to try to post more often, so love and support will help motivate me more!