I must admit, I am a massive fan of protein bars, and I have one almost daily.
The main reason for this is because I have a massive sweet tooth, and I find they’re the perfect pre-workout snack for me after work to get me over the end-of-the-day slump and pump me up for my workout…and also, they give me something to look forward to at the end of the day, because I’ve tried SO many protein bars, and know which ones I absolutely adore.
First off, this post is not sponsored by any company, I am just stating my personal opinions to spread my knowledge and pallet with you lovely readers. Also, these aren’t ranked in order, they’re just ranked as a Top 5! I love them all for different reasons!
- Grenade Carb Killa– I have recently added these into my diet, and can honestly admit, they top the food charts! They really do kill your cravings for carbs, as they are sweet enough to satisfy you after even just 1/2 a bar. They taste like nostalgic chocolate bars you used to eat as a child (or maybe still do), but they offer plenty of protein (23g per bar). My favourite from this brand has to be the White Chocolate Cookie or the Caramel Chaos.
- Fulfil- Again, just recently discovered these and fell in love at first bite! Posted Protein sent me a few to try when I ordered a billion things from their site and I am now hooked. These bars are a new addition to the UK market, and I am ecstatic that they are! They’re well priced, and they taste amazing! My absolute favourite is the Chocolate Caramel & Cookie Dough. They’re a bit thin, but taste fab!
- Efective Whole Bars– These take a very different twist from the above-described protein bars, but not in a bad way. I tried the Carrot Cake bar from this brand first, and although it was not at all what I expected (to taste exactly like an unhealthy carrot cake), it was oddly satisfying. It tasted clean and healthy and nutritious, but still tasty, and had chunks that might have been raisins? Which added to the fabulous texture of it! I also tried the Apple Pie bar, which again, is super tasty, and has just the right amount of cinnamon flavour! They’re gluten-free, dairy-free and have no sugar…but still taste like a treat! No guilt here, also, they’re made with high-quality products, and the ingredient list isn’t as big as most other bars! Although they only have 10g per bar, they’re a great midday snack!
- Quest Nutrition– I have been a massive Quest fan for years now, and have an ongoing supply. I have tried every.single.flavour (besides the newly released ones, which unfortunately only available in the USA at this time). They have a wide range of flavours from White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake (my favourite), to Blueberry Muffin, to Rocky Road. The macros are great (21g protein, 5g net carbs), and they taste unbelievable when warmed up in the microwave for 10 seconds, or formed into cookie-shapes and thrown in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Dive Bar Nutrition– This is another new and emerging company, which offers amazingly flavoured bars! I fell in love with the Trash Can Cookie bar the most, but all of their flavours are super tasty! Taste wise, these bars might be my favourite, but there is some sugar added in, and although their macros are still good, they’re not quite as pristine as the other bars. Also, the biggest perk of these bars is that they have 90mg of caffeine in each one, which makes them the best pre-workout bar (in my opinion), because who doesn’t need some sugar and caffeine pre-workout? With the slogan “edible energy”, how can you say no?
I’m curious on everyone’s feedback on their favourite bars! OR if you enjoy the same ones as I do?
Stay Fit xx